Awards and Accreditations
As the nationwide leader in Medicaid managed care, our health plans, wellness programs and executive leadership have been consistently recognized for their excellence. We are proud of AmeriHealth Caritas' achievements in health care, especially the ones we make every day—improving health outcomes and increasing access to quality care.
National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) recognition
NCQA is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to assessing and reporting on the quality of managed care plans. It awards the prestigious Multicultural Health Care (MHC) Distinction. MHC was developed as a way for health plans to monitor and improve culturally and linguistically appropriate services and reduce health care disparities.
- In August 2013, AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania, Keystone First and Select Health of South Carolina's First Choice Medicaid health plan each received another Multicultural Health Care Distinction from NCQA. Only eight Medicaid plans nationwide hold this accreditation, which is valid through April 2015.
- Keystone First and AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania ranked among the top 40 Medicaid plans nationwide by NCQA for 2013-2014. Both plans maintain a Commendable NCQA Accreditation rating. They were also 2 of the first 6 health plans to earn the MHC Distinction as early adopters in mid-2011.
- First Choice by Select Health of South Carolina is the highest nationally ranked South Carolina Medicaid health plan at No. 61 on NCQA's Medicaid Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2014-2015.
- Select Health has been named one of 2014's "Best Places to Work" in South Carolina for the 7th consecutive year by the Best Companies Group.
- PerformRx received the Drug Therapy Management accreditation from URAC, a Washington, DC-based health care accrediting organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. URAC's Drug Therapy Management Accreditation identifies PerformRx as meeting the highest standards of safety, effectiveness and quality.