Our Network Benefits
What do you get when you join AmeriHealth Caritas? Besides our innovative, whole-person health programs, we offer a variety of dedicated provider benefits to help ease your administrative, including:
The support you need to do business and provide the best care for plan members:
- Dedicated local staff who meet face-to-face with providers on a routine basis.
- Regional provider councils and committees where you can offer input on program development and processes.
- Patient-centered medical homes to encourage coordination of care and improve management of services.
The right electronic tools to support your practice and simplify administration:
- Claims submission through electronic data interchange (EDI).
- Electronic remittance advice (ERA).
- Electronic payment options — virtual credit card (VCC) and electronic funds transfer (EFT).
- Web-based reporting and electronic prior authorizations.
- Web-based portal where you can see claim statuses and updates.
Open communication between the plan and providers:
- Routine provider-focused communication including letters, newsletters, email alerts, fax blasts, and website updates.
- Provider workshops and roundtable meetings to obtain feedback.
- Statewide provider meetings to introduce our plan and its processes.
- An accessible Provider Network Management team and a provider support hotline available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Peer-to-peer access to local Medical Directors.
Simplification of the provider credentialing* process:
- Through the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH), a Universal Provider Datasource that streamlines data collection for credentialing and recredentialing.
- The use of delegated credentialing for qualified large provider entities, as applicable.
- An accessible Credentialing team for assistance with enrollment and CAQH participation sponsorships.
- Quick turnaround times.
*If applicable for your state.